Health care for you and your loved ones
We’ve made it easy for you and your family to find great primary care services and urgent care services right in your neighborhood. Duke Primary Care has family medicine providers, internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in more than 40 locations throughout the Triangle, and a growing list of Duke-friendly health plans.
The care you need, close to home
- Secure connection to Duke's online patient website. DukeMyChart makes it easier than ever to schedule appointments, view lab results, request prescription refills, communicate with your provider, and pay bills. Duke's state-of-the-art electronic medical record system is also accessed by every Duke doctor in every Duke facility so your care will always be coordinated.
- Access to specialty care. If you need specialty care, our primary care providers can direct you to specialists who are ranked among the nation’s best. As part of a nationally ranked medical center, they have access to the latest research, technology, and medical advances, many of which are discovered at Duke Medicine.
- Choose the provider that's right for you. There are several different types of professionals who provide primary care. Some work only with adults, others work only with children, and some work with every member of your family. If you know what you are looking for, find a convenient location nearest you. Or, discover the benefits of each type of provider and choose the one best suited to you and your family members’ needs.
Family medicine providers treat your entire family –- from newborns to teens, parents to grandparents. Our doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants offer:
- Preventive care counseling, physical exams, and management of common, acute medical conditions
- Children's health care and well-child visits, including developmental screenings, immunizations, and parental guidance to help meet growth milestones.
- Family planning and regular gynecological screenings such as breast exams and Pap smears.
- Care for chronic diseases and conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, mental health, and other long-term conditions.
Learn more about our family medicine providers.
Pediatricians are specially trained to care for infants, children, and teens. Our pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners offer well baby and sick baby care, general medical, developmental, and social health, as well as age-appropriate issues like immunizations. Annual exams may also include hearing and vision screenings. While our pediatricians are trained to care for adolescents, your teen also has the option to be seen by adolescent medicine specialists with added training in the complex issues that arise in adolescence and young adulthood. Learn more about our pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners.
Internal medicine providers include doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants who are trained to diagnose and manage medical conditions that affect adults over the age of 18. Many of our internists also specialize in the health and well being of seniors and elderly people. Our internal medicine providers work with you to ensure you live a healthy life. In addition to preventive care and health maintenance for women and men, our internal medicine providers:
- Diagnosis and treat medical conditions that impact adult lives
- Manage chronic diseases and illnesses, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, mental health, and other long-term conditions
- Select internal medicine providers at Duke undergo additional training to help seniors and the elderly maintain good health and well being as they age. They are also equipped to handle diseases and conditions associated with aging, many of which can be chronic and complex.
Learn more about our internal medicine providers.
Our five urgent care centers offer extended hours and limited on-site laboratory and radiology services, which makes lets us diagnose, treat, and manage urgent medical conditions and minor trauma when your primary care provider is unavailable. We are staffed by providers with extensive experience in urgent care, and are open 365 days per year. Walk in or use the green button on the top right corner of our urgent care location pages to schedule an appointment online and minimize your wait time. Learn more about urgent care at Duke.
Two programs at Duke offer greater access to doctors and other individualized services for an annual fee. You may make same- or next-day appointments at your convenience, and have 24-hour/7-day-a-week access to your doctor by phone. For more information on these services visit: