Duke’s five urgent care centers are conveniently located throughout the Triangle, and are open seven days a week, 365 days a year. Our providers have extensive experience in urgent care medicine, and are available after hours to provide care for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries that can’t or shouldn’t wait until your primary care provider’s office opens for you to receive treatment. Our urgent care providers are also available for routine care, acute care, and physicals, including sports physicals and Department of Transportation physicals.
When to seek urgent care
Urgent care is not a replacement for emergency care, which is what you need if you have a life-threatening illnesses or injury. Urgent care is appropriate when you experience an illness or injury that requires care within 24 hours. We routinely treat children and adults after accidents or falls, sprains, strains and broken bones, minor trauma and cuts that require stitches, fever, flu, vomiting, diarrhea and nausea, skin rashes and infections. Appointments are not required. Walk in or use the green button (on the upper right) to schedule an appointment online and minimize your wait time.
Choose Duke for your urgent care needs because we offer:
- Extended hours. Our urgent care centers are open 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Fully equipped facilities. Every Duke urgent care has on-site laboratory and radiology services to enable the diagnosis, treatment, and management of urgent medical conditions and minor trauma when your primary care provider is unavailable
- Orthopaedic urgent care. If you need immediate care for an injury, Duke Orthopaedics Urgent Care offers orthopaedic-specific care at our Page Road location seven days a week. You will experience the convenience of fast service with no long waits and no unnecessary exposure to sick people.
- Access to Duke doctors. If you need a primary care provider to follow up on your urgent care visit, we have more than 40 locations throughout the Triangle. Likewise, if you need specialty care, we can direct you to specialists who are ranked among the nation’s best. As part of a nationally ranked medical center, they have access to the latest research, technology, and medical advances, many of which are discovered at Duke Medicine.
- Secure connection to our online patient portal. Duke MyChart makes it easier than ever to view lab results and pay bills. Once you are part of the Duke system, you can request prescription refills, schedule appointments, and communicate with your provider. Duke's state-of-the-art electronic medical record system is also accessed by every Duke doctor in every Duke facility so your care will always be coordinated.