Ear, nose and throat care
- Specialists in comprehensive and complex care for the full spectrum of ear, nose and throat disorders.
Duke’s ENT experts (otolaryngologists) provide comprehensive care for the full spectrum of ear, nose and throat disorders, and are involved in all surgeries that include the head and neck. Our specialists treat a wide range of conditions including hearing loss and balance problems, voice disorders and swallowing difficulties (dysphagia). Our surgeons are also specialists in removing tumors and cancers that occur in the head and neck, including thyroid cancer, skull base tumors, and melanoma. We treat children and adults, and perform the full range of cosmetic facial surgery.
- Balance problems
- Cochlear implant surgery
- Cranio-maxillofacial trauma (CMF)
- Hearing aids
- Hearing loss
- Oral cancers
- Pediatric otolaryngology
- Sinus infections and nasal disorders
- Skin cancers
- Skull base tumor
- Swallowing disorders
- Throat cancer and voice box cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Thyroid disease
- Tracheal cancer
- Voice care
Extensive experience in ear, nose and throat disorders
Our experts help people with debilitating ear, nose and throat disorders breathe easier, hear and speak well, eat and drink safely, and avoid falls due to chronic dizziness. Our advanced training and expertise using the latest diagnostic and medical technologies ensure you regain your health and resume your active participation in daily and professional activities.
- Complex care for head and neck conditions. Otolaryngologists are surgeons by training who coordinate with multiple specialties when conditions affect the head and neck. They are specially equipped to perform delicate surgical maneuvers around the nerves and muscles that comprise the head, neck and face. We work closely with neurosurgeons, endocrinologists, medical oncologists, oral surgeons, and many other specialties to ensure you get the most effective and appropriate care for your condition.
- Sub-specialists in otolaryngology. We bring together all the otolaryngology (ear nose and throat) experts you need, including sub specialists such as rhinologists (doctors with advanced training in disorders of the nose and sinuses), otologists (doctors specializing in surgical issues and neurological disorders of the ear), laryngologists (specialists in the throat and voice), head and neck cancer specialists, and facial plastic surgery. We also work with doctorate-level audiologists, speech pathologists, and singing and performing voice specialists.
- Experts in pediatric otolaryngology. Our specialists undergo advanced training and have a wealth of experience providing care to infants, children, and adolescents requiring medical and surgical treatment for conditions that occur within the head and neck. We offer comprehensive treatment of malformations of the ear, nose, throat, and airway, treatment for noncongenital airway problems, infectious diseases of the sinuses, tonsils, and adenoids, and neoplasms.
- Advanced therapies and technologies. We offer the latest digital hearing aids and cochlear implants, laser therapy for vocal cord and laryngeal disorders, voice microsurgery, and personalized therapies for vocal disorders, swallowing problems, and dizziness or balance disorders. We also offer a broad selection of highly effective medical and minimally invasive surgical options.
- Access to our clinical trials. In addition to receiving the best available current therapies for your ear, nose and throat disorders you may be eligible to participate in clinical trials evaluating new therapies that are not widely available.
- Advanced medical records technology. Our secure online portal, Duke MyChart, allows you to view test results, make appointments, request prescription refills, and message your doctor using any Web-enabled device. Our technology also allows anyone on your care team to securely access your health information, making sure you always get care that is right for you and based on the latest evidence.