All of our volunteers have unique reasons for volunteering their time and skills. Duke Health volunteers have the opportunity to be of service to our patients, their families, the staff and the greater community while also gaining the personal satisfaction of knowing that they have helped others.
There are many benefits of volunteering. You may want to volunteer to:
- Meet people and make new friends
- Offer your skills and caring spirit
- Gain satisfaction from accomplishment
- Make a difference
- Feel needed and appreciated
- Have fun
- Add to your resume
- Feel a part of Duke University Hospital and the Durham community
- Continue a connection after retirement
- Explore possible career opportunities in the health care field
- Learn new skills
- Be creative and productive in your leisure time
- Serve in a leadership role
There are more than 30 volunteer programs with a wide variety of opportunities from working with cancer patients, to art therapy, to comforting patients, to assisting with educational programs, and more. View more information about our current volunteer needs.
Whatever your interests or skills, our Volunteer Services is committed to finding the right opportunity for you. We look forward to working with you.
Questions? Call us at 919-681-6088 or email Tomeka Robinson, Administrative Assistant, Volunteer Services at email@example.com or Sharon Swanson, Manager, Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.