Obstetrics and gynecology at Duke
Duke’s obstetrics and gynecology (OB-GYN) program provides comprehensive care for all stages of your life, from puberty and childbirth through menopause and beyond. We provide the full spectrum of health management, screening and treatment services for women’s health issues. Our approach to care has an important goal: to promote and preserve the health and function of your reproductive system. That’s why we offer a wide range of non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment options for fibroids, endometriosis and pelvic floor disorders, among others. Our obstetricians are trained to manage the most complex and high-risk pregnancies, and they work closely with experts at the Duke Fertility Center to help women struggling to conceive.
- Leaders in women’s health. Our gynecology program is consistently ranked one of the best in the country for women's health, according to U.S. News & World Report. Our OB-GYN surgeons are known for their expertise and skill with minimally invasive surgery, and the Duke Fertility Center has been a national leader in fertility services for more than 25 years.
- Nationally ranked OB/GYN cancer program. Our gynecologic oncologists are specialists in treating women with cancers that affect their reproductive system, including cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, and vaginal and vulvar cancer. We understand the impact gynecologic cancer has on your fertility, sexual function, psychological health and your family, and we draw upon the latest research findings and our ongoing clinical trials to ensure you receive the best treatment.
- Dedicated team of specialists. Our program includes experts in a wide range of specialties who work together to provide comprehensive care. Our team includes all of the women’s health specialists you may require, including obstetricians, gynecologists, gynecologic surgeons, urogynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists as well as nurses, midwives, genetic counselors, nutritionists, pain management specialists and physical therapists.
- Compassionate, personalized care. We know every woman is different, and so are your unique health needs. We take a personalized approach to your health, whether you need routine care and pregnancy to care for conditions that require ongoing management and/or surgery.
- Experts in advanced surgeries. Our OB-GYN surgeons expertly and routine perform minimally invasive and robotic surgery techniques for a wide range of gynecologic surgeries, which require smaller incisions, and result in less pain, faster recoveries and fewer complications for you. Our urogynecology team has pioneered some of the most effective minimally invasive options used today for pelvic organ prolapse.
- Organ-sparing approach. If you require treatment for fibroids, ovarian cysts or endometriosis, our goal is to spare your reproductive organs and as much healthy tissue as possible. We will resort to hysterectomy usually as a last resort. Our OB-GYN program offer a number of nonsurgical medical therapies to preserve your reproductive organs and fertility.
- Advanced medical records technology. Our secure online portal, Duke MyChart, allows you to view test results, make appointments, request prescription renewals, and message your doctor using any Web-enabled device. Our technology also allows anyone on your care team to securely access your health information, making sure you always get care that's right for you and based on the latest evidence.