Lung disease at Duke
Duke’s nationally ranked pulmonary program is recognized in the U.S. and around the world for novel and effective approaches to treating and managing lung disease. Our pulmonologists and surgeons undergo years of advanced training in their respective specialties and offer a level of expertise that only comes from treating many people with lung disease that ranges from the routine to the complex. Lung specialists in our pulmonary rehabilitation program help you manage your condition and improve your lung health. We give hope to many with lung disease who have been unable to get the treatment they need elsewhere.
- Top-ranked care. U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke’s lung experts 4th in the nation, based on patients’ survival rates, the number of procedures we perform, and the quality of our support services.
- More treatment options. Our lung specialists use the most advanced treatment methods and latest technology available today. In addition, each year we are among the leaders in clinical trial enrollment, giving our lung disease patients treatments that may not be available elsewhere. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible care.
- Global reputation for pulmonary rehabilitation. Our pulmonary rehabilitation program -- one of the first in the nation -- helps set standards for pulmonary rehabilitation programs around the world.
- Superior results. Our lung specialists see more people with lung disease than anyone else in the Triangle. Our lung transplant program ranks among the nation’s best, with survival rates above the national average and the shortest wait time to transplant in the U.S.
- A team-based approach. Our lung specialists work with lab, heart, and imaging specialists to meet your unique needs.
- Advanced medical records technology. Our secure online portal, Duke MyChart, allows you to view test results, make appointments, request prescription renewals, and message your doctor using any Web-enabled device. Our technology also allows anyone on your care team to securely access your health information. This ensures you always get care that's right for you and based on the latest evidence.
- Post-treatment support. Whether it’s help on how to quit smoking, eat right, or exercise, our pulmonary rehabilitation program helps you get your lung disease under control — and keep it that way.