Brain arterial diseases at Duke
- Comprehensive care for patients with conditions that affect the brain's major arteries.
Duke neurologists, vascular surgeons and neurosurgeons work together to treat the full range of cerebrovascular conditions that affect the major arteries and blood flow in the brain. We pair the latest imaging tools with minimally invasive techniques to ensure prompt diagnosis and treatment. In addition to providing comprehensive stroke care, our experienced practitioners identify and treat rare diseases and conditions, such as moyamoya and arteriovenous malformations. We have the skill and expertise to restore your health.
Experienced and expert cerebrovascular care
- Advanced training. All our physicians and surgeons are fellowship trained specialists, meaning they have completed additional years of training in the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases that affect the brain. Our neurologists, neurosurgeons and vascular surgeons use the most sophisticated technology available to offer you the best possible care.
- Coordinated, comprehensive care. Our specialized staff coordinates the comprehensive care of everyone who comes to Duke -- from your initial emergency room, through your hospital care and your transition home or, if necessary, to a rehabilitation facility.
- Emergency diagnosis and response. Our cerebrovascular team is the region's leading resource for brain health emergencies, including aneurysms and stroke. Speed of treatment is critical for full repair and recovery, and blood flow disorders in the brain can be difficult to diagnose. Our experience ensures we make accurate, prompt assessments to direct your care.
- Regional referral center. People are referred to our cerebrovascular team from across the Southeastern U.S. to confirm a diagnosis or prepare a treatment plan. Our experience with many disease conditions ensures you receive the medical consultation and treatment you need.
- A team approach. Your medical team includes specially trained adiologists who capture and interpret images of blood vessels in your brain, neurologists who understand the role of the brain and spinal column in the nervous system and other highly trained specialists. They work together to craft the treatment plan that is best for your condition.
- Diagnostic and imaging expertise. As a leading cerebrovascular referral center, we use the latest diagnostic and imaging technologies quickly and effectively. These tools enhance our ability to review your medical situation and present the safest and best options.
- Innovative surgeries. From cerebral bypass surgery to less invasive therapies, we use the most advanced medical and surgical techniques to ensure you receive the most effective solution.
- Rare conditions care and treatment. We regularly identify and treat diseases rarely encountered at most hospitals, including moyamoya and arteriovenous malformations. Because we regularly diagnose and treat rare conditions, we are better equipped to ensure you get the care you need.