If you are a referring physician or health care professional, we can help you find the right people, programs and services for your patients.
Duke Consultation and Referral Center
By calling 800-MED-DUKE (800-633-3853) we can:
- Put you in touch with a specific physician or service.
- Select an appropriate Duke physician based on your patients' diagnosis.
- Facilitate patient appointments by fax, phone or online.
- Assist in obtaining follow-up information on patients recently seen at Duke.
- Facilitate patient admissions.
- Assist with requests for medical records, continuing education, information about Duke programs, services and clinical trials.
- Provide complimentary maps to help your patients find their way to our hospitals and clinics.
We can also send you a copy of our Physician Referral Directory, which provides information on training and specialty interests, as well as direct contact for all Duke physicians.
Duke physician liaisons
Our physician liaisons are experienced health care professionals who are available to meet with you in person – as often as you like – to discuss how we can help meet your patients’ needs, and enhance your access to our various resources. Because our physician liaisons are nurses by training, their services are always patient-centered. We can help you:
- Learn about Duke’s clinical capabilities within our services.
- Facilitate communication with Duke physicians and clinical departments.
- Learn about attending Grand Rounds, CME opportunities and other practice-building topics.
- Serve as physician and patient advocates regarding Duke services and care.
- Coordinate patient referrals and admissions.
If you do not already have contact information for the Duke Physician Liaison in your area, please call 800-MED-DUKE (800-633-3853) and we will send a liaison to your practice.