Duke University Hospital has a variety of rewarding volunteer programs to matches your specific interests and abilities. Please explore the programs listed below to identify the program that fits most closely with your interests and meets your interests, age group, experience, and hours of availability.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact our Volunteer Services Office at 919-681-5031. You may also contact individual volunteer coordinators to discuss specific programs. Contact information for each coordinator is listed below the program description. Duke Hospital Volunteer Programs require a one-year commitment with a minimum of four hours per week of volunteer service. Volunteers may apply to only ONE volunteer program and should carefully choose the program which best suits their interests.
Read about others' experiences volunteering with Duke University Hospital, and find out more information on how to become a volunteer, or explore volunteer opportunities available through Duke Regional Hospital and Duke Raleigh Hospital.
- Duke Regional Hospital volunteer information can be obtained by calling 919-470-4150
- Duke Raleigh Hospital volunteer information can be accessed at dukehealthraleigh.org/volunteers.
List of programs
- Arts and Health at Duke
- Best Buddy and Rainbow Volunteers Program
- Cancer Patient Education Program and Cancer Patient Resource Center Volunteers
- Cancer Patient Support Program
- Child and Adolescent Life Program
- Children's Health Center Patient Support
- Diabetes Education Program Volunteer
- Duke Ambassadors
- Duke Heart Center Community Outreach
- Duke Heart Center Patient Support Program
- Duke International Patient Services
- Duke Medicine Pavilion Volunteers
- Duke State Medical Assistance Team
- Eye Center
- Hospital Auxiliary
- Intensive Care Waiting Rooms
- Junior Volunteers
- Oncology Recreation Therapy
- Pastoral Care Volunteer Program
- Pre-Health Volunteer Program (PHVP) for Duke University Undergraduate Students
- Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Surgical Waiting Room Volunteer
- Welcome Baby Program