Duke Medicine contracts with most major health insurance plans and transplant networks. Before scheduling a hospital or clinic visit, it’s best to check with your health insurance plan to confirm your coverage.
Please call your insurance company and ask if you have access to health care services at Duke Medicine locations, and what (if any) copayments, coinsurances, and deductibles will be your responsibility. The Duke Consultation and Referral Center (888-275-3853) can also help you with insurance-related questions.
Accepted health insurance plans
- Beech Street
- BlueCross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Coventry Healthcare
- Duke Select
- First Health
- Four County Health Network
- Gateway Health Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare
- Halifax Physician-Hospital Organization
- Humana – Choice Care Network
- MultiPlan / Private Healthcare Systems
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- OneNet PPO
- Primary Physician Care Network
- United Healthcare
- WellPath Select
National transplant networks
Medicare Advantage insurance plans
- Blue Medicare (HMO & PPO)
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO only)
- SecureHorizons (HMO & PPO)
- Sterling Health Plans (PFFS & PPO)
Please note that the list above is kept as current as possible, but information may change at any time without notice.
For services typically covered by insurance, we bill your:
- Primary insurance company
- If applicable, your secondary insurance company
Important items to remember:
- Health insurance coverage varies and some services may not be covered.
- If you have questions regarding your health insurance coverage, please call your insurance company to better understand how your policy works prior to receiving care at Duke.
- Respond promptly to requests from your health plan for additional information. These requests must be handled before payment will be made by your health plan.